User Testing Steps & Illustrative Cartoon:
The following is a practical practical set of questions a company needs to ask itself when developing a contextual testing program. The cartoon illustrates the basic principals of a good testing practices.
1. Plan scope, issues, participants, location, budget
2. Develop scenarios
- What are you going to test?
- What concerns do you have about the site that you want to test?
- Which users should participate in the test?
- Where will you conduct the test? In a fixed laboratory? In a conference room or other space with a portable lab? In a conference room or other space but without any recording equipment? Remotely?
- What is your budget for testing?
- Select relevant tasks for users to try.
- Prepare, try out, and refine scenarios for those tasks.